Tuesday, November 22, 2011

big gay ice cream shop


Last week I mentioned that John and I had a Groupon that I needed to use before it expired, and the Big Gay Ice Cream Shop happened to be the place. I had originally bought it in the summer, hoping to use it at their infamous ice cream truck in Union Square, which has been named one of the best food trucks several times over by numerous publications.  But it turned out to be one of those things that just never worked out ... which brings me to why we went to an ice cream shop in the middle of November.   But regardless of the time of year, I'm so glad we did - I got the "Salty Pimp" - a vanilla cone covered covered in a sea salt and chocolate shell with swirls of dulce de leche - and John had the "Bea Arthur" - a vanilla cone covered in crushed Nilla wafers and dulce de leche - and both were beyond delicious.  The best part comes at the very end, but you're going to have to discover it for yourself ;)  





No comments:

Post a Comment