Monday, September 26, 2011

weekend notes

my weekend

The above pretty much represents my state of mind this weekend.  So, needless to say, it was relatively relaxed as the city was drenched for most of it and I was pooped.  Friday afternoon, I got in from the rain for lunch at The Petite Abeille, a great little Belgian cafe in Tribeca.  Unfortunately this was a business lunch, so no pics, but if you go, they have an unbelievable Croque Monsieur and 1/2 price bottles of wine on Tuesdays.  The rest of the weekend was spent entertaining friends, trying a new Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand (the best region for this type of wine, in my opinion), and  finishing the first book in The Hunger Games series - I recommend it if you can stomach the disturbing bits.  I also took some time on Saturday to learn how to create a website for our upcoming endeavor - the majority of it was waaayyyy over my head but I did manage to grasp some really useful info and think I maybe (just, maybe) have a shot of being able to develop one myself. But it's gonna take some time, and any tips are very helpful.  

marlborough wine with ingredients for new recipe

amazing cuff find at the gap

october publications just waiting to be read

sunset over the village

No comments:

Post a Comment