Wednesday, September 21, 2011

all that glitters


Maybe it's the fact that the temperatures have dropped, and the holiday season is creeping its way closer and closer, but my attention is being drawn more and more to things of the sparkly and shiny variety. When I was really young, glittery nails (well, practically anything glittery really) were the epitome of cool, and in high school, a French manicure was the only thing I considered worthwhile. Since then, my world has opened up to a wide rainbow of solid polishes, and I love picking out new shades. But recently, I've rediscovered the sparkly hues from my past, and have fallen in love with them all over again - but with a few updates. I kept the look subtle by painting one nail per hand with the glitter polish (I used Wet n' Wild Wild Shine), and painted the rest with a soft pinky shade (Essie Starter Wife) that complemented but wasn't overpowering.  Finish with a top coat and grown-up glitter is yours.




No comments:

Post a Comment