Thursday, September 15, 2011

waves





I recently stumbled across this rather unusual method for curling hair (it was originally meant to create a really full bun, but the curls became a by-product), and because of my extremely stubborn straight hair, I am always searching for a curling method that will a.) hold and b.) not take 4 hrs to achieve. The pictures above are essentially the "before" pictures (Also, in case you wondering, I too am aware of how ridiculous that bun looks on top of my head;)   The pictures below are the "after" shots - not quite the curls I was hoping for, but at least some beachy waves!*




*Some tips on where I went wrong -

1.) I washed my hair just before I made the bun. Bad idea. For stick straight hair like mine, it's best not to wash your hair for at least a day if you really want some hold.
2.) My hair was pretty damp when I put it into the bun.  When I woke up in the morning, it was still damp on the inside of the bun, so the curls didn't have time to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment