Tuesday, September 20, 2011

the cupping room


The Cupping Room is one of my favorite restaurants in NYC.  Located in Soho, its neighborhood feel, red brick walls, old wooden floors, open and airy skylights, and delicious food make it a homey place to grab a bite to eat . Although we've been to brunch a few times (see below), we had never had dinner here before but I'm so glad we did.  Not only was the food excellent - I had the tahini chicken with roasted beets and the most amazing mashed potatoes I've ever eaten (well, next to my grandma's, of course) - but at around 9pm, a live New Orleans-style jazz band played in a corner of the dining area.  It made the already hip atmosphere even better, and we ended up staying well beyond the last plate cleared.  







ps. I couldn't help but include this photo of a brunch we ate here a few months ago.  Does it get any better than cream cheese & granola stuffed french toast and strawberry champagne in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment